November 28, 2022
We are looking for an experienced Senior Legal Manager to ensure that all legal operations are carried on smoothly and effectively. You will be responsible for developing legal documents and providing sound advice to senior management on all related subjects. You will provide specialized legal advice and counselling to a growing & evolving business with high regulatory complexity. You will be responsible for Identifying and analyzing legal risks and opportunities and proposing potential solutions to the business partner or Legal management. Ensures adherence to given legal policies and processes and reporting obligations by advising & hand-holding if necessary.
• Drafting, vetting, and negotiating all sorts of contracts prevalent in the media and entertainment industry
• Drafting notices, legal replies, letters, etc. as required from time to time.
• Advising and strategising with the business team to bring negotiations to a quick closure
• Liaising with external as well as internal stakeholders.
• Providing general legal advice on business and commercial issues including safeguarding the company’s intellectual property.
• Providing legal advice on labour and employment issues.
• Build and cultivate key internal stakeholder relationships to better understand business needs and provide accurate, timely legal support to various business units of the Organization.
• Knowledge of the regulatory regime in content creation and exploitation, latest advancements in the media and entertainment field, and legal observations pertaining thereto.
• Should have excellent research and analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively.
• Knowledge of the Copyright Act
• Conducting Trademark search and drawing analysis.
• Providing legal advice on registering and protecting trademarks in multiple jurisdictions.
• Due diligence and Trademark portfolio management.
• Candidates having a law degree from a reputed university; LLM preferred.
• Minimum of 7-8 years’ experience within a corporate legal department and/or experience with intellectual property law.
• Excellent English writing and oral communication skills, computer savvy, and proficiency with Microsoft Office software
• Demonstrated abilities to work independently and as part of a team and interact professionally with customers, vendors, and other business associates.
• Ability to multi-task and efficiently prioritize and manage workflow to meet deadlines.
- Eligibility / Experience
• The applicant should be a native of Kerala.
• The minimum experience required is 8 years.