March 26, 2021
Toonz is looking for an experienced Legal Officer to be part of our Legal Team. The candidate will play a crucial role in developing successful, long-term legal strategies for our organization to help us achieve our business and organizational goals. The Legal Officer will be based out of our headquarters in Technopark, Trivandrum.
- Drafting and reviewing commercial agreements, both specific to the Media & Entertainment industry and general commercial contracts
- Ensuring the company operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Providing management with effective legal advice on business issues and strategies
- Advising the HR department on employment and labour laws
- Providing litigation support as required
- Identifying and addressing potential legal issues and risks for current company activities
- Supervising other Legal personnel and ensuring cohesive interaction across cross-functional departments
- Eligibility / Experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience. Professional experience in corporate organizations will be a plus.
- A Law Degree (BA. BL or BA. LLB) from an accredited institution with an active bar membership, preferably in Kerala, Maharashtra, New Delhi or Tamil Nadu
- Basic knowledge of Intellectual Property Laws, Companies Act 2013 (India) and Labour Laws (India)
- Demonstrable legal analytical skills, general business acumen, good drafting skills and reviewing international commercial contracts
- Strong teamwork and client service skills; experience exercising influence and managing change while having an open, inclusive and solution-oriented approach
- Self-sufficient with demonstrated skill in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Suite
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (Verbal & Written)
- Good English language skills
- Willingness to be physically based out of Trivandrum, India.
- More Details
- Experience working in Media & Entertainment industry
- In-House work experience
- Experience working with international clients
- Advanced knowledge of Intellectual Property Laws